Monday, August 10, 2015

Lost Lake Qal Week 3

Welcome back! This week we will be working on the large HST units. If you missed any of the instructions they can be found in the Lost Lake tab under the header.

We will be using the two at a time method this week since we will only need a few of each color.

Take each 10-inch fabric D squares and mark a line diagonally corner to corner on the wrong side. Match them up with one of each of the other fabrics right sides together. Sew a quarter inch from the line on both sides and cut along the line. Press each HST to the dark side and square up to 9.5 inches. For a step-by-step tutorial see the link above. If you have any questions let me know I would love to help.


That's it for this week pretty easy huh? Next week we will be working on putting the blocks together. Don't forget you can check in on Instagram #lostlakeqal and in the Quilting It Out facebook group.

Linking up with Cooking Up Quilts MCM.

3 comments:

  1. Loving your colors and fabrics here! I will have to watch out for any new quilt along you do in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I am not doing your QAL, I keep checking to see what is going on with the quilt. I have found that I really like doing this method of HST. But I do like to make mine a tad bit bigger than is necessary and then trim down to size. I just get better results that way. LOL. Thanks for sharing and I hope in the near future, I will be able to do your quilt; I love the fabric colors you are using! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HST's are a favorite of mine, and I love the colors you are using. I'm excited to see where this is going! Thanks for linking up to MCM! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...