Monday, August 24, 2015

Last week of the Lost Lake QAL

It is the final week of the Lost Lake QAL! If you have missed any instructions they can all be found in the Lost Lake QAL tab under the header. This week we are piecing the top. I pieced each quadrant as a four patch sewing the top two blocks together and the bottom two blocks together pressing the top seam to the right and the bottom seam to the left. Nesting the seams, I pieced the top blocks to the bottom and repeated these steps on the other three quadrants.

Four quadrants pieced.


Then I did the same with the four pieces I had left to finish the top. While piecing, there are a lot of seams that need to match up instead of pinning I held the next seam and just worked seam to seam. I got the best results that way.

Top and bottom pieced.


That is it for the Lost Lake Qal now all you have to do is quilt and bind it the way you prefer.

Finished top.


I'm almost a quarter of the way done quilting mine and hope to share the finished quilt on Friday. If you have any questions I would be happy to help. I will be back tomorrow to share my plans for a leader/ender project and Wednesday with an update on the Carpenter's Star quilt.


1 comment:

  1. Kelly, you have done a magnificent job with sewing this quilt top! The way that this pattern is laid out and the fabric choices you made make this an absolute beautiful quilt! Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful creative day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...