Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sunday Stash and A Quilt Along Announcement!

I have been working on a series of patterns all based off of the Lady of The Lake block and I decided to share the first pattern on my shiny new blog! I ordered the fabric for it but when I got it in I realized it just wasn't going to work for the look I was going for. Normally I like to only buy fabric for the project I am working on and not just to squirrel it away (shocking I know). So three out of five of these are going in my newly formed stash. At least my stash is starting off really pretty!

Art Gallery Fabrics Etno by Pat Bravo
Now to the really exciting part the quilt along! Since this is my first ever QAL it is going to be pretty laid back. The pattern is made up of half square triangle units so leading up to the QAL I will do a few tutorials on different techniques to create your HST. I wanted to give you plenty of time to get your fabric so I'm setting the start date for July 20. The quilt along will take us five weeks with each step being posted on Monday.

Lost Lake Quilt Along
Quilt finishes to a 60" square.

Fabric Requirements:
Fabric A (upper left)- 3/4 yard
Fabric B (blue)- 1 1/4 yards
Fabric C (lower right)- 3/4 yard
Fabric D (grey)- 2 1/4 yards
Backing- 3 3/4 yards
Binding- 1/2 yard
Batting 68 x 68
I normally will round up to the nearest half or whole yard just to give myself some wiggle room with cutting. Unless you are super precise and never mess up I recommend doing that here too and hey if you don't have any mishaps then there is some more fabric for your stash. 

I hope you guys join me! Tag me on Instagram with your fabric choices and use #lostlakeqal so everyone can follow along with your progress.

Linking up with Sunday Stash

1 comment:

  1. I love the fabrics you purchased, and your stash is starting out with a good grouping! Good luck and have fun with the QAL. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...